Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Inspiration!

 Tonight I went on a date. A blind date. I've never done one of those before so to say it was interesting is an understatement.

Here is a list of my Top 10 awkward moments from the phone call leading up to tonight & the date!

We'll start with the phone call....
1. "I want to date your Dad" Seriously? Don't worry folks that was just five minutes into the conversation!
2. "The fact that you like golf makes up for many of the strikes you've gotten against you tonight" Was that supposed to be funny because it wasn't.
3. "You haven't been playing golf since you were little? Then I would crush you." How sweet.  

I thought first impressions were important however in this case apparently not! But don't worry folks it just gets better....

The Date....
4. "So what's wrong with you?" Wow. I'm 29 years old and single. There is nothing wrong with me.
5. "I'm a runner. I run because I want to keep myself from getting fat & from getting man boobs." Yes, he said man boobs.
6. "Nerd Alert!" His response to me telling him I was in choir growing up.
7. " Can our second date be in St. Andrews, Scotland? No? So how about the third? Still no? Well, you never know how far you can get unless you ask!"  Sorry there isn't going to be a second date.
8. "I think I found your name tag..." As he's dropping a packet of sugar in front of me.
9. "So, you're a typical girl..." And that's a bad thing because....
10. The best moment had to be when we said goodbye. I went in for the side hug. He went for the full frontal. It was awkward and we definitely did some side to side dodging for a good minute or so.

Don't get me wrong. He was a really nice guy there was zero chemistry. This date definitely will go in the books and be laughed about for a long time....thanks for laughing with me!

3 comments:

  1. Love, love, love!! Hopefully date #2 isn't a complete tool....

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGOSH, JOY!! I can't imagine how uncomfortable this date was, haha!! Love you and I can't wait to read about your next date! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAHA - I just found your blog and you are so funny! I look forward to reading more posts. :)

    ReplyDelete